This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.


Flood Relief Resources

Information for property owners of Cook, Minnesota (and all residents of St. Louis County):
If your property sustains structural damage due to flooding, you may be eligible for some property tax relief.
Please fill out the damage report form (link below) so the County Assessor's Department has record of it and can schedule a visit to inspect. Be aware that damage to personal property, such as docks, vehicles, or watercraft, is not eligible for relief. 

Damage Reporting Information (

Private Property Damage Report Form (

If you are unable to fill out this form online, please call the Assessor’s
Department at 218-726-2304 and staff can assist you.

For help with clean up:
Residents who need help with clean-up of flooded basements can now request free help
through National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters (VOAD).
To request assistance, call 218-288-2213.

Health and Housing Relief Resources:
AEOA Homeless and Basic Needs Case Manager: Caroline Roesch (218) 750-0828,

VFW Veterans of Foreign Wars State Judge Advocate: Mary Thompson (218) 290-6492,

Lakeview Behavior Health: (218) 293-4789

Range Mental Health: (218) 749-2881, (218) 263-9237

American Red Cross: Deb (952) 738-1079

Long-term care disability waivers through St. Louis County eligible for relocation, deep cleaning, appliance removal.
Call your case worker first. For guidance: Nicole Hed: (612) 644-8738

Cook Lions Club Flood Recovery Donation Center:
1 West Vermilion Drive Cook, MN (Formerly Frank’s Pharmacy)
Open daily 10am -12pm, and 5pm – 7pm
Cleaning products, furniture, household items, appliances, etc. available for those
affected by the flood in Cook.
Donations are also accepted. More information: Colette: (612) 213-7603 or Caroline
(218) 348-1844

Cook Community Food Shelf:
124 5th Street SE Cook, MN
(218) 666-2715

United Way
Call 211
Access information and obtain referrals to physical and mental health resources;
housing, utility, food and employment assistance; and suicide and crisis interventions.

Other resources:

Minnesota Department of Health

University of Minnesota Extension: How to Clean Up After a Flood

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)